1. Any one driving a race car on the track must wear an approved helmet with Z-90 specifications, an approved four point shoulder harness and fire suit.
2. All Flammable material must be removed from the interior of the car.
3. A firewall of at least 20 gauge metal must separate the driver's compartment from the engine and fuel area.
4. Gas lines that run through the driver's compartment must be encased in metal.
5. Fuel cells or bladders must be incased in a 20 gauge or better STEEL container. Fuel cell must have non-vented cap on all vents or tubes. All lines vents or tubes must have an in line check valve to prevent leakage in case of roll over. Fuel cell must be solidly mounted. Tubing must be welded or bolted to the chassis with solid support of the bottom of the fuel cell.
6. No batteries mounted in the driver's compartment. All batteries must be mounted in such a way that they do not come loose at any time. A battery mounted in the trunk or near the fuel cell must be sealed in a battery box.
7. All cars must have a fully charged fire extinguisher with current dating. It must be mounted in a quick release holder and be easily accessible by the driver and emergency personnel.
8. All cars must be equipped with a manual kill switch. The switch must be red and mounted where is easily accessible by the driver and emergency personnel.
9. All seat belts and shoulder harnesses must meet S.F.I. specifications and have date label attached, no seat belt may be used with date no older than 3 yrs from S.F.I. label. All seat belts must be mounted in car in approved manner and approved by track officials.
10. Drivers seat must be of highest quality made for racing application. Aluminum seats with padding are mandatory. Full containment seats are strongly recommended. Fiberglass seats are no longer allowed. It must be mounted in a metal frame that is mounted to the roll cage and chassis. All top bars and roll over bars must be above the drivers head. Three bars with convex shape in the driver's door and two bars in the passenger door are mandatory.
11. Each car must have a complete roll cage. All top bars and roll over bars must be above the drivers head. Three bars with convex shape in the driver's door and two bars in the passenger door are mandatory.
12. Drive shaft safety loop must be installed approximately 12" from tail shaft of transmission. All drive shafts must be painted white or silver. Carbon Fiber shafts are recommended for safety.
13. All cars must have brakes in good working order.
14. All cars must have all studs and lug nuts on all studs during competition.
15. Washers are prohibited for the use of wheel spacers.
16. All extra weight used as ballast must be securely fastened or welded on to or inside framework or floor pan. Weights that can be moved without aid of tools are not permitted. All weight must be painted white and secured with 2 1/2" bolts and the car displayed on the lead.
< CLOSE PAGE TO RETURN TO WEBSITE >